The O visa is type of work visa to enter the United States with an extraordinary ability in one of the following areas:
- Motion picture industry
Qualifying for the O Visa
- A valid passport for a minimum of 6 months beyond the date in which you are allowed to enter the United States, unless you have received some waiver of this requirement.
- An approved I-129 petition. This will be noted on your visa and will include the I-129 petition number and your employer’s name. OR an I-797 letter indicating that you have been approved for the O1 visa.
Regulations on Admission
- You may enter the United States up to 10 days before the validity period of the O1 petition begins AND 10 days after the period ends. You must be employed for the validity period of the visa. The O1 visa will be valid for a maximum of 3 years.
- The front of your I-94 will have the “O-1”notated and with the expiration date to stay in the US. The back will have your occupation with the petition number.
Need assistance with O Visa?
If you wish to file an O1 visa petition for your employee or if you are a foreign worker filing for an O1 visa,
- E-mail anytime
- fill out the online FREE & Confidential Consultation Form
- Leave me a message on my Facebook
- Contact/Text me at (949) 228-3922
- or Google chat me during office hours
FREE immigration consultation and advice within 24 hours guaranteed
JCS Immigration office is located at
2975 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 352 in Los Angeles, California 90010
Office hours are Monday to Saturday from 9:00AM to 9:00PM