Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI) is type of naturalization program allows certain non-citizens who are legally present in the United States to join the Army and apply immediately for U.S. citizenship without first obtaining lawful permanent residence and no fees for the application.
According to Department of Defense (DoD) & US Army, the program will reopen again for 2012 with new skills and languages list designated.
- Applicants must have been legally present in the U.S. for at least 2 years and possess the skilled medical training or language skills the DoD has designated as in demand to be eligible for the program. Those who are out of status or undocumented, visitors on B visas or the Visa Waiver Program, or with serious criminal records, are ineligible for the program.
- There is no fees for the application, but do have a contractual obligation to serve in the military for a minimum of 4 years active duty for language recruits, or a choice of 3 years active duty or 6 years Select Reserve for medical recruits. In either case, a recruit has an 8 year contractual commitment to the military, including non-active service, and the naturalization can be revoked if an applicant does not provide at least 5 years of honorable service.
This program could help:
- J-1 physicians who has been in the U.S. for 2 years and has a U.S. medical license, but are subject to the two-year home residence requirement. Such physicians could naturalize without completing the home residence requirement nor requesting a waiver.
- Nurses could also benefit when they might otherwise have difficulty obtaining appropriate work visas. Those in TPS status for at least 2 years could also enlist and naturalize with this program.
Those in the following fields may apply:
- General Dentists, Oral Surgeons, Comprehensive Dentists, Prosthodontists, Oral Surgeons, Preventive Medicine, Urologists, Anesthesiologists, Ophthalmologists, Otolaryngologists, Pediatricians, Psychiatrists, Internists, Family Physicians, General Surgeons, Thoracic Surgeons, Orthopedic Surgeons, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Nuclear Science Officers, Entomologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Physician Assistants, Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, and Nurse Anesthestists.
The following skill with languages may also apply:
- Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Burmese, Cebuano, Cambodian-Khmer, Chinese, Czech, French (with citizenship from an African country), Georgian, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hindi, Igbo, Indonesian, Korean, Kurdish, Lao, Malay, Malayalam, Moro, Nepalese, Pashto, Persian Dari, Persian Farsi, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Sindhi, Serbo-Croatian, Singhalese, Somali, Swahili, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Turkmen, Urdu (with citizenship or birth certificate from Pakistan or Afghanistan), Uzbek, and Yoruba.
Need assistance with MAVNI?
- E-mail anytime
- fill out the online FREE & Confidential Consultation Form
- Leave me a message on my Facebook
- Contact/Text me at (949) 228-3922
- or Google chat me during office hours
FREE immigration consultation and advice within 24 hours guaranteed
JCS Immigration office is located at
2975 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 352 in Los Angeles, California 90010
Office hours are Monday to Saturday from 9:00AM to 9:00PM