What is USCIS ELIS?
USCIS ELIS is a user-friendly system created to streamline the application process for immigration benefits. It allows immigration benefit seekers and their legal representatives to create an account and file benefit requests online. USCIS ELIS provides more accurate and secure customer service. It also allows USCIS to process cases in a more efficient, consistent and secure environment.
Who can use USCIS ELIS?
Certain applicants can electronically file the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status. Over time, USCIS ELIS will include more benefit types and increased functions. Here are the eligible lists:
1) Extend Status if you are a B-1, B-1, F-1 M-1 or M-2
- Individuals in the F-1 classification who received a date-specific visa that requires completion of a given course of study within a specific time can extend status in USCIS ELIS.
- Other F-1s are admitted for duration of status and should contact their designated school official to extend status.
2) Change of Status if you want to become a B-1, B-2, F-1, F-2, J-1, J-1, M-1 or M-2
- An M-1 student may not change status to an F-1 student
3) Reinstate Status were a F-1 or M-1
- The spouse or child of an F-1 or M-1 student may be included in the principal’s benefit request.
Why Use USCIS ELIS?
USCIS ELIS allows applicants to:
1) Create an individual online account
- Open an account online that you may use to interact with USCIS
- Sign up to receive email notifications and text messages
- Manage your account preferences and contact information in real time
2) Manage your interactions with USCIS securely and electronically
- Electronically file (e-file) benefit requests from your account
- Submit evidence electronically
- Use a credit card or bank account (from a U.S. institution) to submit payment
- Have an attorney or accredited representative file benefit requests in USCIS ELIS on your behalf
3) Get detailed help and current case status
- File a benefit request with step-by-step help from an online setup assistant
- Access online help in the “Tips” and “Help” sections of the setup assistant
- Obtain real-time, detailed case status information
For more information and advice on US Visa Issues?
- E-mail anytime
- Fill out FREE & Confidential Consultation Form
- Contact/Text me directly at (949) 228-3922
- Google chat during office hours
- or Leave messages on Facebook
FREE immigration consultation and advice within 24 hours guaranteed
JCS Immigration & Visa Law office is located at
2975 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 352 in Los Angeles, California 90010
Office hours are Monday to Saturday from 9:00AM to 9:00PM