Starting Friday, Feb. 1, those who receive an immigrant visa package from a U.S. consulate or embassy abroad will be required to pay a new $165 immigrant fee.
We are aware of the effect that any new fee has on the communities we serve. However, the fee is necessary to cover the costs of producing and delivering permanent resident cards.
Important Points to Remember:
- Starting on Feb. 1, 2013, applicants must pay both the Department of State (DOS) application fee and the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
- To simplify and centralize the collection of this new fee, we will require immigrants to pay online through the USCIS website.
- Applicants must submit their payment online after they receive their visa package from DOS and before they depart for the United States.
Children who enter the United States under the Orphan or Hague adoption programs, Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants, returning residents (SB-1s), and those issued K visas are the only immigrant visa cases exempt from paying the new fee.
Please see the following page on USCIS website for more information.
For more information and advice on Immigration Issues?
- E-mail anytime
- Fill out FREE & Confidential Consultation Form
- Contact/Text me directly at (949) 228-3922
- Google chat during office hours
- or Leave messages on Facebook
FREE immigration consultation and advice within 24 hours guaranteed
JCS Immigration & Visa Law office is located at
2975 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 352 in Los Angeles, California 90010
Office hours are Monday to Saturday from 9:00AM to 9:00PM