Practice Tip: Consular Processing Follow-to-Join Cases

JCS Immigration and Visa Law Office, located in Los Angeles, California serves the entire United States, as well as immigrants around the world. We have constructed this practice guide to help with Consular Processing follow-to-join cases.

Should you file Form I-824 with USCIS?

You may assume that filing Form I-824 with USCIS is the correct process, however, it is not.

Should you file Online Form DS-260?

We have heard reports from clients and other U.S. immigration attorneys who have unsuccessfully attempted to initiate these follow-to-join cases by filing Form DS-260. However, the form cannot be completed without proof of having paid the fee bill/invoice.

Should you engage the Consular Post/U.S. Embassy directly?

Yes. We have reached out to the Visa Office regarding this issue and they have suggested that applicants and attorneys communicate directly with the U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy to initiate the dependent’s follow-to-join cases. Many, but not all, Consular Post’s websites include contact information for the Immigrant Visa section.

If you have any additional questions about Immigrant Visas and follow-to-join cases, please contact our knowledgeable U.S. Immigration lawyer now for a FREE consultation.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: