One of the ways that our Los Angeles immigration attorneys stay on top of important immigration matters is by attending events held by the U.S. Government. Last week one of our immigration lawyers attended a tour of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facilities at San Ysidro, California, which borders Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. We have compiled a list of interesting information to share.
- The San Ysidro Port of Entry sees 3 million people a month, this includes cars and walk-through individuals.
- Every individual needing an I-94 will be added to the US Visit database
- San Ysidro will process anyone who claims a fear of returning to their home country, this totals roughly 60-70 people a day.
- The waiting line to enter the United States is very long as they are currently under construction. Whether you are driving or walking through, the lines are very long.
- There are 1200 Customs and Border agents at the San Ysidro Port of Entry.
Stay up to date with the latest in immigration news by following our twitter! @ImmigrationJCS