Replacing or Renewing Your Green Card

At JCS Immigration and Visa Law Office, our immigration attorneys in Los Angeles get asked this quite often: “how do I replace or renew my Green Card?”. If you are a lawful permanent resident or a “Green Card” holder, there are certain circumstances in which you need to know how to renew or get a replacement permanent resident card. This is done so by filing Form I-90 and the appropriate supporting documents with USCIS. Our immigration lawyers can obtain renewal and replacement green cards in shorter amounts of time due to our knowledge and expertise and an attorney should be considered always before requesting benefits from Homeland Security.

Replacement Green Card

There are many common situations which you would need to file to renew or replace your Green Card. These include:

  • Your Green Card has been lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged
  • The information on your Permanent Resident card is inaccurate
  • You failed to receive your previously issued Green Card due to USCIS error
  • You have legally changed your name and need to update your Green Card
  • Your Green Card will expire within the next six months

Each of the above conditions require an additional fee (usually $450) to file the Form I-90 application, except those resulting from an error of USCIS. Please note that this process only applies to 10 year Green Card holders. Those with 2 year conditional Green Cards must file Form I-751 to remove the conditions and obtain the 10 year Green Card.

If you or a family member is faced with one of these situations it is important to contact an experienced U.S. immigration attorney before filing Form I-90. If you live in the Greater Los Angeles area, including Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange County, San Fernando Valley or anywhere in California and across the United States, contact Jack C. Sung for a FREE consultation now.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: