As of January 15, 2015, Consulates of Mexico in the U.S. will issue certified copies of birth certificates registered in Mexico.
In order for an individual to obtain a certified copy of his or her birth certificate from the Mexican Consulate, the Mexican citizen will need to do the following:
- Visit the nearest Mexican Consulate/Embassy;
- Provide official proof of identity;
- Fill out an application, and;
- Provide his or her official Clave Única de Registro de Población (CURP), if available.
The cost of each certified copy will be $13 Dollars (USD).
Our Los Angeles lawyers encourage people to be aware of abuses and scams. The issuance of certified copies does not carry any additional costs more than $13. Nobody can charge additional fees for this service.
If you or a loved one is interested in obtaining a certified copy of your Mexican birth certificate, you can get the free application for smartphones and mobile devices, MiConsulMex, or at the toll free number, Centro de Información y Asistenccia a Mexicanos (CIAM) (855) 463-6395 or by contacting our immigration attorneys in Los Angeles for a FREE immigration consultation.
Need additional information and advice?
- E-mail JCS Immigration Law Office anytime
- Fill out FREE & confidential consultation form
- Call our Immigration Law Office – (213) 738-8700
- Google chat during office hours
- Leave a message on Facebook
FREE immigration consultation and advice within 24 hours guaranteed. JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office is located at 2975 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 352 Los Angeles, California 90010 Office hours are Monday to Saturday from 9:00AM to 9:00PM (Appointment Preferred)