Military Parole in Place Green Card – Expert How To Guide

Parole of Spouse, Children and Parents of Active Duty Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve, and Former Members of the U.S. Armed Forces or Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve and the Effect of Parole.

Military Parole-in-Place or “PIP” is an application for the spouse, children or parents of U.S. citizens who are currently serving military members or veterans.

What is the process to apply for Military Parole in Place?

Once you have obtained all the requisite documents for the application (view checklist here), you may do a walk-in appointment with the local USCIS office (search by zip code here). You may then ask to speak to the Military Parole in Place officer and hand the officer the application package. The officer will then schedule the applicant for a Biometrics appointment to have their fingerprints and photos captured. Once USCIS has performed the background check and adjudicate the application. Once the officer completes this processing, he or she will call the applicant to come back to the local office to pick up the Form I-94 card, which serve as proof of parole in place. Once this is obtained then the U.S.-citizen relative can file an I-130 petition for the relative and a Green Card application and roughly 4-6 months later the applicant should receive an interview notice and shortly thereafter a Green Card.

Have additional immigration questions?

If you or a loved one have additional U.S. immigration questions, don’t hesitate to call our Los Angeles immigration attorney now for a FREE consultation.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: