Tag Archives: Children

Unaccompanied Migrant Children Housed in Orange County

Some migrant children have found temporary refuge with an Orange County-based child welfare agency. Due to the recent influx of unaccompanied immigrant children from Central America crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, this agency in Orange County is just one of many housing facilities across the United States. The Cittenton Services for Children and Families, operating programs […]

U.S. Border Officials Continue to Process Hundreds of Undocumented Children

United States Customs and Border officials will indefinitely continue processing hundreds of immigrant children from Central America, caught crossing the border illegally from Mexico to into Texas. The Obama Administration and immigration authorities have only provided few details about how they are dealing with the influx of immigrant children, but our Los Angeles immigration attorneys […]

Temporary Protected Status, TPS, Haitians, Nonimmigrant, F-1, F-1 Visa, US Visa, Immigration Services

Will The Court Consider My Immigration Status as a Factor in My Child Custody Case?

(California Family Code Sections 3011 and 3040) Over the last few years, great strides have been made to protect the parental rights of immigrants.  While the system is not perfect, immigrants who are involved in child custody disputes are being afforded greater protection than ever before.  In October 2012, the California State Legislature passed Senate […]

Immigration Services, US Visa, Immigration, Lawyer, Attorney, Legal Advice

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Approvals Quickens, but Fast Enough?

For the first time since immigration authorities officially launched Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals in mid-August, the federal government released statistics last Friday indicating that thousands of requests have been officially granted. But while the figures themselves are an encouraging sign, other evidence suggests that most applicants will not have their requests considered until after […]

Immigration Services, US Visa, Immigration, Lawyer, Attorney, Legal Advice

Details on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

CONFIRMED by stakeholder meeting with USCIS. The new form for Deferred Action (Dream Act) is I-821-D and I-765 (work permit application) and I-765 worksheet (specifically for deferred actin youth). USCIS has developed a rigorous review process for deferred action requests under guidelines issued by Secretary Napolitano,” said USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas. “Childhood arrivals who meet […]