Tag Archives: Vermont Service Center

Vermont Service Center Provides Guidance on VAWA I-485 Applications

In certain circumstances a Form I-360 Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) self-petitioner already has a Form I-130 and Form I-485 application pending with USCIS. The Vermont Service Center, who adjudicates these victim-related benefit requests, indicated that these Form I-485 adjustment of status applications can be held in abeyance if an I-360 is filed eliminating the […]

Consular Returns at USCIS Vermont Service Center

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services’s (USCIS) Vermont Service Center (VSC) has provided our Los Angeles Immigration Attorneys with updated information on handling of consular returns. Our office was informed that consular returns are currently backlogged at six months or longer; however, cases involving H-1B extensions receive more immediate attention due to the nature […]

Workload Transfer from the Vermont Service Center to California Service Center

Los Angeles Immigration Attorney, Jack C. Sung, of JCS Immigration and Visa, constantly monitors immigration news and alerts from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to keep clients informed and up to date. Our Immigration lawyer’s office has just learned that USCIS recently began transferring some Extension of Stay cases from the Vermont Service Center (VSC) […]

Requests for Evidence (RFEs) issued by Vermont Service Center (VSC) to be Yellow After Dec. 9, 2013

Located in Los Angeles, JCS Immigration and Visa Law Office, has just been informed by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that beginning on December 9, 2013 the Vermont Service Center (VSC) no longer be issuing Requests for Evidence (RFEs) on blue stock paper. Instead, all RFEs will be printed on light yellow paper. […]

Workload Transfer From National Benefits Center (NBC) to Service Centers

JCS Immigration and Visa Law Office, located in Los Angeles, has just received notice that USCIS recently began transferring some casework from the National Benefits Center (NBC) to Service Centers, such as the Nebraska, Texas and California Service Centers to balance overall operational workload. The affected casework includes the following form: I-130, Petition for Alien […]

Liaison Assistance for VAWA Visa, U Visas, T Visas and I-751 Petition Based on Abuse

If you need liaison assistance for a case handled by the VAWA Unit (VAWA, U, T, or I-751 petition based on abuse), first contact the VAWA, U & T Unit at the Vermont Service Center (VSC) via phone, e-mail, or fax. 1. VAWA Unit Hotline: (802) 527-4888 (Leave a message, and the VAWA, U & […]